La Matatena, Asociación de Cine para Niñas y Niños, A.C., invites you to participate in the 15° Festival Intenacional de Cine para Niños (... y no tan Niños), which will take place from August 10th to 15th, 2010, in Mexico City.
Following film productions of quality for children in the following categories are accepted, both nationally and internationally:
• Feature Films (Fiction or Animation)
• Short Films (Fiction)
• Short Films (animation)
• Documentary for kids (National and International)
• Short films made by kids in Mexico and other countries(Non competitive)
The 15° Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños(…y no tan Niños) gives a symbolic prize and one diploma in each category in competition. The Festival will be in charge to send the prize to each winner after the event.
1. For the pre-selection of the films, only entries in DVD format are accepted; in any original format they are.
In case of selection, film copies in the following formats are required for screening: BTC-SP NTSC, DVD, 16 mm, 35 mm.
2. The film production date must not be earlier than 2006.
3. The registration is free.
N.B. The cost of mailing the copy for pre-selection shall be borne by each stakeholder.
4. For the pre-selection, you are required to deliver along with the film
Copy (ies), the registration form in MS word format or electronic registration card duly filled along with two still photos of film material and a photograph of the director(send in JPG format of at least 300 dpi resolution), information of the director, the film and the producer, full data sheets and synopsis.
All these may also be sent via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
5. The materials must be submitted in their original language; if not in Spanish you must add a list of dialogues in Spanish and / or English, which may also be sent along with the electronic registration card, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also save the file (MS Word document) on a CD or disk 3½ and send it by mail.
6. The deadline for receipt of the materials for pre-selection and the package of information will be April 30, 2010. The festival will have a Selection Committee composed of recognized professionals of the media, who will take the task of carrying out an appraisal of the work to integrate the program.
7. Within 15° Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (…y no tan Niños), provides for the participation of 4 categories of which 3 will be into competition: feature film, short fiction or short animation and documentaries. While the category short made by children in Mexico and other countries will participate in exhibition only. This last one it is not in competition.
8. The materials selected for participation in the 15° Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños(…y no tan Niños)will be published on the website www.lamatatena.org on June 4, 2010.
9. The shipping of materials for display shall be borne by the participants.
The deadline for submitting selected materials for exhibition is:
June 18, 2010.
10. The organizing committee will not be responsible for those materials that do not respect the required conditions format and/ or delivery dates of the above, assumes no responsibility for damage or loss of the material, which advised not to send in original.
11. The exhibition of the 15° Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (…y no tan Niños) will be held at various cinemas in Mexico City and schedule. The details appear on the website www.lamatatena.org
12. The materials on video DVD for the corresponding pre- selection shall be sent at the following address:
La Matatena, Asociación de Cine para Niñas y Niños, A.C.
15º Festival Internacional de Cine para Niños (…y no tan Niños)/Centro Cultural San Fernando
Av. San Fernando # 426
México, D. F.
More information at:
Or contact us on the phone
(52 55) 50 33 46 81 (52 55) 55 50 33 46 82
Fax: (52 55) 56 65 72 33